While most real estate professionals receive similar training, and must undergo the same education, in order to become licensed, and to renew their licenses, it is obvious that all real estate agents are not created equal! By this statement, I am not referring to their appearance, or how much they earn, but rather how they focus, what their personal definition of service, and client, means to them, and precisely, how they conduct themselves, on a day – to – day basis. What is unique about the particular agent, and is it an asset or liability? Why should someone be attracted to you? Have you considered what differentiates how you conduct you real estate BUSINESS?
1. Best efforts: Will you settle for good enough, or will you put forth your best efforts, in everything you do? Is your best, at a high enough level, or what do you need to do, to become better? How often do you review your personal performance and perspective, dai phu hung thinh including attitude, aptitude, and proficiency?
2. Usual/ unusual; unique; useful: Are your pursuits useful ones? Will you utilize all the usual techniques, while considering the unusual, rarer ways, also? How are you unique, and how do you let others know about these characteristics and qualities?
3. Service; sales: The real estate business is a service industry! However, you are not conducting business unless there are some sales? Are you selling, or merely, in – sales? While the former is proactive and interactive. the latter is passive and limiting? What do you do, that most others don’t, to provide the highest level of service, to your clients?
4. Integrity; imagination: Most states require an agent to live up to a specific Code of Ethics, but quality agents go beyond that, by maintaining absolute integrity, in all transactions. Are you stuck in a rut, doing everything the same – old, same – old ways, or will you bring some fresh ideas and imagination, to every situation?
5. Needs/ necessities: Do you take the time, and make the effort, to learn and discover, what your clients need, want and what their priorities and goals, may be? After all, isn’t great service, based on serving your clients needs and necessities?
6. Empathy; enrich: Will you listen effectively, and do so, far more than you speak? Only by doing so, will you gain a much – needed understanding and insight into what your client’s goals are! Provide an empathetic shoulder, to lean on, and you will enrich and ease their experience!